Bank of Wedowee will never send you an email or text message asking for your User ID, Passwords, PIN, or other sensitive information. If we direct you to login, we will only ever send you to our homepage at www.bankofwedowee.com or https://www.bankofwedowee.com . These website addresses should be easy for you to recognize and verify at a glance.
Here are some simple steps to ensure that you are safely using your card.
Card Safety Tips
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN); do not write on your card. Also, never give out your PIN to anyone, keep it private.
- When using your PIN always be aware of your surroundings to ensure that no one is “shoulder surfing” when you enter it.
- Always protect your card and keep it in a safe place, just as you would with cash, credit cards and checks.
- Never give your card number to someone over the phone unless you initiated the call and feel comfortable giving it to the person on the other end.
- Keep all of your transaction receipts in one place so that you can easily find them when reviewing statements.
- Remember to check your balance frequently to verify your card transactions.
ATM Safety Tips
- Whenever possible, conduct ATM transactions in highly visible locations, during the daytime.
- When conducting nighttime transactions, if possible, bring a friend with you.
- If alone at night, select an ATM that is in a well-lit and busy area. If you notice suspicious individuals nearby, seek another ATM location.
- If the ATM you plan to use is in a vestibule, be sure to close the door completely when you enter and leave.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your engine running and all doors locked, with only the driver’s window open.
- Be discreet when counting your cash, if in your car, close the window. Put your cash, card and receipt back in your wallet or purse before you leave. Do not throw your receipt on the ground or leave it behind. Receipts should also be kept to verify your transactions and help resolve errors.
- Report all ATM crimes to your local police and to the operator of the machine you are using.
Internet Safety Tips
- When conducting a purchase online, ensure that the transaction is encrypted to protect your account information. Look for the “secure transaction” symbols in the lower right-hand corner of your Web browser.
Never email your card number, as email is typically not secure.
- Always log off completely from any site after completing an online purchase transaction. If a “log off” feature is not provided, close your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your transaction information.